After the Collapse review
2 GB available space
After the Collapse Review
After the Collapse is an application created by Anarkis Gaming. After the Collapse was first published on . It is accessible for Steam.
After The Collapse is a base building game set in a post-apocalyptic world featuring urban environments. Your task is to manage a band of survivors and protect them against raiders, mutants and environmental threats. To do so, you'll have to build a base, discover new technologies, and scavenge for resources.
The game's most unique features are the ability to manage very large bases with dozen of survivors, the ability to dig and build through several underground layers, and the interactive world map where you can launch expeditions, capture buildings and deal with other factions.
Thanks to its urban and semi-urban environments, After The Collapse has a strong focus on scavenging, repairing and reusing existing structures and technologies. You will send scouts to explore the ruined city, repair and maintain outposts while trading with other factions to survive.
Contrary to many games in the same genre, After The Collapse, on top of being a fairly complete base-builder, allows you to interact with the world outside of your own base. You can send expeditions to loot off-map buildings and to take control of production centers. Other factions have the same goals as you, and your paths will inevitably cross.
The following features are already implemented and may be expanded further during the development.
- Build a colony in hostile procedurally generated environments
- Dig several layers below ground, uncovering dangerous foes and lost technologies
- Take care of numerous survivors, each with their unique traits and skills
- Multiple scenarios with specific challenges and goals
- Launch expeditions to find more survivors, loot and technologies
- Battle other factions for the control of the city ruins
- Rebuild production centers to maintain a steady supply of resources
- Defend against raiders and mutants with automated turrets and other defensive structures
- Conduct diplomacy and trading with other factions
- Medical system handling wounds, diseases and mutations
- Use generators and solar panels to keep your advanced structures operational
- Defeat and tame dangerous creatures
- Take prisoners and use them as a work force or as commodities
- Build your own customized robotic army
- Full Modding Support
Notable Planned Features
The following features are still under development, and will be completed before the end of Early Access.
- More varied threats, especially environmental ones
- Manually run your own expeditions, giving direct orders to your fighters
- An optional plot-line uncovering the mysteries behind the Collapse.
- Improved city map generation
After the Collapse is a DRM-Free game with no hidden costs and, as with all our games, it will be actively developed and receive free content patches regularly. Your feedback is important to us, which is why we're releasing it in Early Access, so please pop in the community forums or the official discord to be part of the community.
After The Collapse is a very easy game to mod. Mod creators will enjoy its very robust engine and that all the game's data (from items to mobs or game events) is written in a simple, text-driven, format. More advanced modders will appreciate the ability to use LUA.
Of course, the Steam Workshop is fully supported.